Procopole, now called Teiberiai was our next stop. The daughter of Johann Spurgat and Karolina Raudonat, Paulina, half-sister of Adolf and sister of Josof, was born on the Procopole manor in 1878, part of the landed property of Dydwiże. The location and the forest are still called Procopole by locals and is shown on the map as Teiberiai. Today only old people know the name Procopole. There is nothing left of the original, just “new” houses are here.
All that is left of Procapol/Procopole is the forest at the western end. People grew cranberries here as part of the land is still swampy. There was a lake here which attracted people who were seeking cranberries and mushrooms. Adolph Spurgat was known to have loved gathering mushrooms in Michigan. It seems that this is an activity that he learned as a boy, probably in this area close to Dydwize/Didvyžiai.